Sunday, May 17, 2009

Its almost summer.

We sure have been lazy with the blogging lately,haven't we? The last few weeks of work are always a real mess. Megan is swamped everyday. I am non stop. I think I eat lunch most days standing up or take bites when I can. But in a few short days it will be SUMMER,for me anyway. I got this week and 2 days next week. Megan has to go an extra week. This summer I will work at the school as the maintenance man. Its a perfect summer job for me. I make my own hours and work mostly 3 days a week. We also have a couple of trips planned. We are going to the beach with some friends in June. I am actually looking forward to it. Its been about 10 years since I have been to the beach. Some time in July we are going to Pennsylvania with Megans dad. That will also be a blast. Its his 40th high school gradation reunion. I am sure alot of time will be spent at Ocoee river rats as well.
The past couple of weekends I have gone to the Nantahala river. Last week Travis J. and Crista went. It was Crista's first time on a river. I must say she is going to be a great kayaker. I bet she will be on the Ocoee at the end of the season. I just got back from helping a freind of mine teach a class at the Nanty. We had a great time. the weather forcast called for 80% chance of rain and clouds all day. But they were totally wrong. We had clear skies and sun all day. the nantahala is such a fun river. I cant wait to get Crista back on. That will be this coming weeekend. I was going to paddle the Ocoee today but woke up to rain and a chill in the air. All i had to keep warm was my dry top so I came on home. Which is great because I took an hour and half nap. I guess I needed the sleep.
Now that things will slow down I will be able to post more often. Our vegetable garden is doing just fine. We might have tomatoes soon. The flowers we planted are somewhat of a disappointment. It could be all the rain. But I am not complaining about that. Makes for great kayaking.

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope Anthony gets to learn to kayak this summer, hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete